We had the chance to speak briefly to the talented avant-garde watchmaker, Alexander Shorokhov, who makes his watches in Germany to the exacting standards of the German master watchmakers. We spoke about his brand, Alexander Shorokhoff and his thoughts about watchmaking thanks to local distributor and retailer, http://redarmywatches.com
Shorokhov and wife, Alla
- Tell me about your watches: It’s the mix of Russian soul and expression and German quality that make our manufacture watches extraordinary.
- Is it difficult to source for vintage movements in some of your watches?: Of course it is difficult due to high demand. I have special connections to find these movements.
- Congratulations on passing a quarter of a century in making watches. Anything you would have done differently in hindsight?: I believe in moving step by step. I believe it is with this experience that I am able to make fantastic watches. I have to say I don’t want to have anything changed because of what I can do now. We have to build that base before we can move forward. Although I believe I could have been a fashion designer if I did not become a watchmaker.
- Asians tend to be more concerned about brands when it comes to watches. How do you plan to overcome this when working with your retailers?: Of course the brand is important and lends confidence to the watch owners. Our target is all about people who respect themselves and trust their own style. I want my customers to choose the watches for themselves and want them to be leaders in thinking in their own groups. I believe in my watches.
- Which of your collections do you think represent you better?: I am a creative person and I think my Avant-Garde collection is closer to my heart.
- Do you have any messages for your Malaysian watch lovers?: Trust yourself. Buy what you feel is good. Don’t be pressed by advertising!
He also showcased some of his watches that highlight design features he is famous for (including some award winners).
And a highly complex and intricate Poljot International Globetrotter. Shorokhov is also responsible for this brand.
Please visit the local Red Army Watches boutique to view these watches first hand!